Today is an ironic day, had a small fight with my husband and I just ended up not talking to him…then I want to write spontaneously about something I’m so familiar with (and I love the most). So here it goes! Funny thing is that while I write, my husband is inches away from me, working on his computer. Anyhow, I guess he’ll be reading it once I post this.
Sooooo…what’s it like in a marriage life? well I gotta say, you have to prepare yourself when entering this stage. To give a background about my life, my husband and I are together for years, we just celebrated our first wedding anniversary (where? in our national museum and some random places where 4th grader’s field trip goes—artsy fartsy mode), we have a cute daughter, we are currently residing on his parent’s home (not to mention the in-laws—…haaaa), and he is 11 years
younger older than me. He’s in early 30’s and I’m in my early 20’s. It’s really a generation gap, eh? Or maybe not, because it seems like we’re just in the same age.
Eversince I was a kid, I really love to draw. I even fantasize anime characters and wishing that I’d become one of them (obsessed?). And thanks to God! He let me marry the man who was more obsessed with cartoons. I am so happy with the illustration that I made. It really looks like we transformed into superheroes…In this illustration, I made him become the good guy cop and I’m the villain. They say cops always chase the villain and liked the concept of being chased. 🙂 This is only a part (midshot) of the whole drawing, I’ll upload the whole once its finished.
Going back to marriage…it’s really hard to describe and explain. But you see, my life is not meaningful if Emmanuel is not my husband today. If he’s not the one, these will be the questions that will worry me a lot.
If he’s not the one:
1. My curious daughter wouldn’t exist today
2. Then who will do the laundry and plates? hahaha
3. Then how would I know that there are many beautiful films that I missed.
4. Then maybe I’m still single…and counting till 50…60…70…
5. Then maybe I’m still watching the movies in theather…alone.
6. Then I wouldn’t feel how beautiful I am.
7. Then I wouldn’t become the happiest bride who danced in barefoot during the wedding day.
8. Then I think I’m still homeless.
9. Then I think I wouldn’t feel the year of itch in a marriage.
10. Then I wouldn’t be forced to buy furniture and appliances(I don’t like decorating the house)
11. Then I wouldn’t understand the word love and patience.
12. Then I would get irritated at someone for being late at work.
13. Then I wouldn’t experience the richness of life.
14. Then I think I’m still a drunkard who party hard and throws up in a plant box.
15. Then I think I won’t be here in the Philippines.
16. Then I think I wouldn’t found out that I am afraid of heights because of his marriage proposal located at the top of the mountain.
17. Then I think I wouldn’t have the chance to know Thor, Black Widow, Hawk Eye, Capt. America, and the rest of Avengers.
18. Then I think I wouldn’t experience a comedy labor and delivery.
19. Then I think I wouldn’t laugh in the middle of the night because he fell asleep inside our daughter’s crib.
20. And last, If he’s not the one, maybe I wouldn’t believe how much God loves me so much.