2016 PH Election is coming…and there are a lot of dirty tactics happening now. Why? Because they (different camps) know that Mayor Rody “Digong” Roa Duterte is leading and winning the Filipinos’ hearts (including me).
And I would like to voice out why I will vote for Mayor Duterte. I will also mention and answer the controversies that they are accusing against our “Tatay Digong”.(yes, most of us call him that)
- He PROTECTS WOMEN. Mayor Duterte is the first man who submitted Women Development Code in Davao City. Its objective is to protect and prioritize women’s rights. All women has a free access to reproductive health and wellness center and breastfeeding room in government offices. Even in jails, they have a breastfeeding room for prisoners who are mothers (Maa City Jail). Moreover, they prohibit wearing swimsuits in pageants to prevent objectifying women or exploitation. And during night time, it is safe to walk in the streets of Davao because they have high tech gadgets (such as cctv in streets, etc…). This is to ensure that no women (or even men/children) will be harassed or raped. And then they will tell that Mayor is a Misogynist? That is absurd. A lot of women protested against Duterte…but they blocked the road which is contradicting to what they are fighting for. NOT ALL WOMEN HATE DUTERTE.
- He is NOT CORRUPT. Looking at his lifestyle, his clothes are simple (he doesn’t even wear his campaign shirt). His house and vehicle is not luxurious. He keeps a humble lifestyle. Too bad Trillanes, he is just killing himself by throwing false accusations or “kwentong barbero” for accusing a NON-EXISTENT 200+M in Mayor’s bank account. He is also telling that he wasn’t able to receive a waiver from Duterte, when in fact, he was given an SPA and a waiver signed by Duterte.”Naubusan lang ng copy, ayaw na magpa-photocopy”. And then he is now telling the media that there are 11,000 ghost employees under Tatay Digong? It’s a lazy move.
- Receives 4th SAFEST CITY IN THE WORLD. And a lot of awards, but he refuses to accept it. He claims that he is only doing his job. Go to Davao city. Talk to Davaoenos. They will say good things about the city. Even Sec. Mar Roxas awarded Mayor for maintaining a great city. But he’s (Mar Roxas) now denying it because they are opponents.
- He Loves the Philippines and the Filipinos. I really hated Mayor Duterte before. In fact, I was terrified in him because I’ve hearing rumors that he will declare Martial Law. So I made a research about him if it is possible. And after few months of studying his background, I was impressed with his credentials and his spirit for the goodness of our country. Too bad (for them) that the mainstream media only led me to love Duterte more! He can never declare Martial Law because majority of the people follow the rules when he leads (not command). Only rebellion will make him declare Martial Law, but it is impossible. Look at his campaign rallies, jam packed! People believes in him even if he is not yet the president. He is a well-respected man because he also respects others.
- His CHARACTER as a public servant makes him a great leader loved by the PEOPLE. Aside from him being a low profile politician, his Bravery is an inspiration to the citizens. You know, a lot of people (including the anti-Duterte) has been branded him a lot of negative things…that he is not a good example to the Youth, he always swear, and so on…If following the law is not a good example to the Youth, then why do people still support him? Why does the youth love him? (count me in! I’m still part of the youth) If we only focus his so-called gutter language and his infidelity to his wives (which is by the way, out of his responsibility as a Politician), then, you are missing his great Leadership Character.
- DUTERTE IS NOT A LAZY CHOICE. If I want a lazy choice, then I’ll just vote for Roxas or Grace Poe. If I’m lazy, then “di nalang sana ako bumoto”, di pa ako mapapagod sa pila. Di nalang sana ako nag-register after 8 years na di ako bumoto. Di nalang sana ako nagresearch tungkol kay Duterte para di ko nalaman ang credentials niya, instead iba siguro ang iboboto ko. Remember, I hated Duterte before. And now, I am enlightened with his leadership. Therefore, Duterte is NOT or NEVER a LAZY CHOICE.
- Voting Duterte is NOT A PROTEST VOTE. Our vote is for him because we believe in his skills, his character as a leader, and his achievements as a politician. It is true, that most of the Filipinos are now desperate of change. We are tired of the drastic rise of poverty in the Philippines. It seems like nothing is happening to the country despite of charges of taxes to the Filipinos. And with that issue, I believe that the only candidate who can change it is Mayor Duterte. He may not achieve the 3-6months crime suppression, as long as he catches the BIG Fishes or Crocodiles (who corrupts and tolerates crimes) inside the government. I just pray that no harm will be put to our Mayor (and to his supporters/same with other candidates’ supporters), because I am 100%sure that there are a lot of assassins surrounding him now until he becomes the president. Offer them 100M or more, they would probably do their job to kill him. Let’s all wish for safe election and post election for the country.
- MAN OF INTEGRITY. Integrity means “The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.” That’s why from the very beginning, he confesses what’s not good about him. But gladly, the people still support him despite of his imperfections. I’m just saddened because his imperfections are being used against him. Just give him a second of Privacy! I just wanted to add the credit that he volunteered to be a hostage in exchange of the freedom of a 3month old infant. How can such a man offered his life for that? He is not a messiah nor Jesus. He is just an ordinary man who’s doing his job as a public servant.
- His spirit is giving US HOPE. I used to be a human rights activist. I won’t mention any grps, but I participate with events related to human rights for years. In fact, I became a council member of a certain group. I lay low because I want to focus with my family right now. But I care about the country. I still felt that I am not really doing the right thing. So I dwell on what’s going on again…and then I was led to researching about Mayor Duterte. Who’s this man who had an audacity to claim safety to the people, blah blah blah…? I really really dislike him before. In fact, My husband and I always argue about this before because he’s a pro Duterte. I even had an impression that as if he worships Duterte. I don’t want to hear or see him (Duterte) in my FB Feeds. But when I was able to watch him for the first time in PH Debates (because I want to see Sen.Miriam), I started to research about him. I am so overwhelmed with his spirit! Take note: He never planned to run for presidency, but because people wants him to lead and because he loves the country so much, he took the chance EVEN WITHOUT THE FUNDS. So a lot of people contributed for his campaigns, and the endorsers were not paid by the Mayor. So now, he is leading the surveys.
- He never BOASTS himself to the Public. He has a lot of achievements but he never puts his name on the projects, instead, he offers it to the people. He never pushes himself to the people or something to that effect. He believes that all of the candidates are credible but most of us believes that he is the one. He may not be deserving (in the eyes of the non-dutertes), but I believe that God is giving him a great favor to lead the country. Because of HIM through Mayor Duterte, people are being united gradually. It is a great miracle that a man without a mahinery (campaign funds) could lead the people and compete with the giants. It is a great proof that he is loved by a lot of people. People donate campaign materials and volunteers without getting paid. I am also part of that. I am not paid to endorse him.
- He is not the KILLER that you used to think. This is the last one. He may told the public that he killed a lot of people but he is talking about the criminals. Also, I would like to ask, if he kills people, why don’t they file a case against him even before the campaign started? If they already know about it before, why just now??? There are also a lot of dead innocent under Duterte’s orders, but may I ask again, how about the victims of Yolanda? People dying during typhoons? The soldiers who died in Mamasapano Clash? The repetition of Tanim Bala inside MIA (Manila International Airport, I won’t address it as NAIA anymore)? The officials behind the administration should be accountable for that. And with those incidents, they are not doing anything. Isn’t that also killing people? Not just physically, but mentally, emotionally, psychologically (and so on)…that’s a lot of issues compared to the accusations against the Mayor.
There are a lot of things that I wanted to say but I just want to end it here because I want to hear your thoughts as well. One last thing that I wanted to say, the change starts from within. If Duterte wins but we are not following the rules, then the change that we want is pointless. Let’s all be a good citizen to our nation so that the change can still be possible, with or without Tatay Digong! Mabuhay ang mga Pilipino!